I had different activities set up in the room:
- Place Value Matching - match the tens and ones picture to the correct numeral
- M&M Math - That was a favorite!
- Giant Number Line - They solved the addition and subtraction facts on a huge number line taped to the floor.
- Pattern Blocks - By looking at a layout, try to make the same picture on the table.
- Bird Story Problems - The teacher reads the story problem and the child uses a white board to solve the problem. They are "rock stars" at this!
|Here they are solving the bird story problem. I use real |
bird photo cards to help tell the story.
|This group is matching the place value cards.|
|He read the flashcard and is hopping out the answer.|
|The group on the left is making pattern block creations |
and some are doing the M&M tally and counting sheet.