Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Fun

By Friday the kids are wearing down from the busy week, so I try to do some activities that are lighter and fun.  Today they had "Show and Tell" with the theme - bring two things that rhyme.  We had rock-sock, hat-cat, dog-log, rug-mug, etc.  One child brought a dollar and his mom brought in a baby rabbit...money-bunny.  We all loved that bunny and it was SO soft!

Then we played Alphabet Bingo for fun and they all won a prize.  They loved that!  Later on we did science and art together creating a plant showing all of the parts that they need to know.  I noticed that they thought they were big deals using the word soil instead of dirt.  Yay!

We had our usual reading and math lesson and in the afternoon we went to the school library for the first time this year and afterwards we went to the computer lab.  That is not so easy on the "Teach", but it went pretty well.  

I did not get photos of all of our activities today and some of them I did get, didn't turn out.  My classroom school camera does not take very good photos and my birding camera isn't always with me.  Bummer.

By the way...if you would like to see my blog about birds, here is the link.  I started it in April where I told about myself and I gave some links to good bird field guides, birding lessons, videos etc.  You might enjoy it.  Some of you have asked me about how my Ohio Bird Camp went and there is a long post about that with lots of photos.  Also I discussed about some of the birds I've seen in the last few months and I try to inform others about birds, so if you'd like to take a look, here is the link.  BirdTeach blog

Here is the link to my Flickr site featuring birds that I've seen in this area of the state:  
My Flickr site

Two cute bunnies!

The kids seemed to really enjoy this project.

This should help them remember the parts of a plant.  They did a nice job!


No comments:

Post a Comment