Today we did the following fun activities:
- students wore pajamas to school
- made fun headbands telling people to read
- watched a short video of The Cat in the Hat
- read 100 books
- colored in a stripe on the Cat's hat for each book read
- had two tasty snacks
- the 4th graders came in and we read to them
- made a "Cat in the Hat" with rhyming words on his hat
|Here they are working on the artwork for the day.|
|What a silly girl!|
|Understanding rhyming words is a very important |
strategy in learning how to read.
|The 4th graders were so great at helping the |
kindergartners with reading books!
|The school cooks stopped by with three gifts for the kids: |
a Dr. Seuss pencil, eraser pen and a magnetic bookmark.
The kids loved them!
|The Finished Product|
|These girls enjoyed reading to each other.|
|It also was pajama day, so you can see that this |
kindergartner has on his Grinch p.j.s.
|Some students felt a little shy, but soon |
warmed up to their partner.
|Big brother was a great partner!|
|I made cupcakes to mark the day! Oh my! |
Did we ever have a mess afterwards!
|I wonder why???|
|Here is how we displayed our learning. It was a great day!|